Sunday, July 11, 2010
• Aimed at young researchers, e.g. MSc, PhD students, and Research Associates
• Invited planetary vision processing experts to provide instruction
• Specialist lectures by ExoMars 2018 mission engineers and scientists combined with hands-on vision data processing experiments.
• Topics included current and future planetary vision methods; image data radiometric and geometric calibration; 3D terrain generation and modelling methods; 2D and 3D vision data visualisation; Mars mission trials
• Indoor Mars-yard laboratory and outdoor trials at local beach (Clarach Bay) for image vision data capture
• The ESA/NASA ExoMars 2018 mission was used as a focus for the laboratory and outdoor trials